Let Freedom Ring

 My Childhood Days

When I was a six-month-old child, a weak, fragile and mollycoddled me happily played with my grandmother, unaware of who I was with. I was born with poor health, and my mom had to leave me with my grandma for better care. Barely a year old, I was taken away by my paternal uncle to Kathmandu. He named me Jayshree, and I am very grateful to him for this name. I love to hear greetings like, “Jayshree Hari”, “Jayshree Ram”, or “Jayshree Krishna”. 

Like any other child, I spent my childhood days drawing the most common scenery which had mountains, rivers, coconut trees and a small hut beside a river. Every evening, I would visit the Ganesh temple, and offer fresh flowers to the deity. When we had guests, I would have the privilege of paying homage to Lord Shiva at Pashupatinath, Lord Vishnu’s temple at Budhanilkantha Temple, and other Hindu deities at Bhaktapur and Patan. These were my early childhood memories of the Sanatana Dharma.

Studying at a convent school, the sisters at St. Mary’s High school would take us to the church every morning to get the lord’s blessing. Fridays were dedicated to the terrace, where I would watch people perform mass prayers. 

I used to often wonder why there were so many gods and why I could not see any of them. I had made God my confidant and would mostly play temple-temple with Tina and Priyanka, my friends in the neighbourhood. I am still friends with Tina. This time of my life was all about prayers, hopscotch, monkey climbing, cycling, dancing, and drawing.  

Born with Rahu Mahadasha is why I had a weak body leading to poor health. 

The 10s: At 12, when I was in the sixth grade, I departed from Kathmandu to Birgunj, a small-town bordering India, to be with my mom thereafter. My Uncle had gone to Kolkata, and that’s when I had the time to sneak out. They came to invite me back, but I wanted to move on. My soul was yearning for a higher purpose. This time, I stood for myself and boldly said I would love to explore better schools for quality education. That year, I failed five subjects out of six. The red scores that were on the report card are still fresh in my memory. I moved to Bengaluru (Bangalore) for superior education and personal growth. Here, I got united with my grandma again. Once again, I was safe with her, though I was very vulnerable to low scores at school. High school is where I was totally out of touch with the Sanatana Dharma. Mornings would be carol singing at Baldwin Girls’ High School and evenings had to be Jain hymns with family. My uncle was very particular that we followed Jainism to its core. With no beliefs of my own, I did what he asked me to do. Jain hymns were very pleasing and full of forgiveness, gratitude and compassion. This religion formed the basis of my life. At Baldwins, I made two-lifetime friends, who are still my besties, Deepika and Vineeta. 

To explore hostel life and change my pattern, I joined Mody Girls’ High School, Rajasthan, for the 11th and 12th grades. This period of my life was all about fashion, friends, fun, and photography. I was a bully and would gang up with Sapna Baid, Pooja Singh, Swati Jain, Anjana Goenka and Rashmi Singhania, to make fun of other batchmates. We would roam around the school as though we owned it. We named ourselves “Aliens” and still maintain the brand name. A few of us go together on holidays and catch up often. 

But this joy ended with an under-graduation at Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College, Bengaluru. Art and drawing, as my dream career, were put to rest. I cherish the drawing skills that I developed in my childhood. At this crossroads, I chose Commerce as I was advised to pursue B.Com. I did what my elders thought would be best for me. I come from a Jain, a business-class family. But, with Swetha, Sachin and Roopa around, my college life became a memorable one. We would bunk college and would go out to movies often. Roopa left for the heavenly abode, but Swetha and Sachin are still my good pals.

Ketu in the fourth house always kept me away from my loving parents. They ensured I got the best education. 

The 20s:

By now, an expert at deciding for myself, I was adamant about getting married early. Having tied the knot in the final year of B.Com at 19 with dreams of a perfect marriage, I was ready for a new chapter of my life. By Grace! Siddharth, my husband, helped me pursue my education. I topped the income-tax paper in the final year. I was confused about what to take up as a full-fledged career. Sid appreciated my hard work and persistent nature. Seeing my drawing skills, he recommended that I join the Animation and Graphics course followed by a job at the Paprikaas Animation Studio. During my free time, I would paint oil on canvas.

In 2003, I learned the art of meditation under the guidance of Acharya Mahashraman Ji. The practices learned from him have been part of me ever since and helped me immensely during my pregnancy. I would chant Bhaktambar and Arham daily for long hours, loudly thinking that my baby would hear all of it. He was listening indeed!

In October 2004, Adithya, our son, joined us with a lot of delivery complications. I quit my job and chose motherhood as a full-time job. Motherhood made me fall madly in love with my son. It is the best experience a woman can have and is fulfilling.

With a fourth-degree perineal tear during childbirth, I had to undergo four major surgeries within eight months of my normal delivery. Due to childbirth trauma, I decided not to bear a second child. This period of my life was all about romance, Van Gogh paintings, and motherhood. 

My Shani Mahadasha began just a month before childbirth. 

The 30s:

Too caught up in the whirlpool of mundane activities, I went in for a career in the plastic industry. In 2010, with the hope of flying high, I opened a factory and put all my finances, efforts, and energy into one basket. I made sure Vastu, Astrology, Havan, and other banking affairs were all taken care of. But to my disbelief, the unit shut down within ten months of opening. For reasons unknown, I stood outside this unit watching all my efforts crumbling down. 

Adithya, my son a firm believer of the Sanatana Dharma since his childhood, slowly helped me regain my real self. He brought back my memories of Lord Vishnu. He would make me read the Mahabharata and stories of many other Indian sages aloud. The fondness for Lord Vishnu was built again. I would recount my childhood stories of playing with Idols of Gods instead of dolls to Adi, my boy. 

Coincidentally, Adithya and I were both born in Rahu Mahadasha.  

In 2012, after regaining some strength, I did a Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA) from Symbiosis with the help of my cousins, Rachana and Vandana. But my inner self was still questioning the fake consultants I fell for. The thought of three different consultants giving me three different opinions was constantly on my mind. Why didn’t all of them speak the same language when the topic was the same? What is the real Vastu? Is it an ancient science? With all these questions on my mind, the universe led me to my Vastu teacher, Dr Shiv Prasad Verma. He gifted me all the scriptures and knew I would prefer to know the truth by myself. After reading them for years, applying them on sites for friends and family, and making plans with the help of the most refined architect, Sri Manoj Singhal, in Oct 2015, I truly set my feet on the flight of Vastu Shastra. Healthwise too, the Almighty was kind when I got my uterus out in October 2015, after which I overcame issues of menstrual pains and excess bleeding. I decided that this would be the sixth and last surgery I would ever undergo. At 36, I was free from periods, anaemia, and fortnights of bed rest. 

This time of my life was all about hospitals, surgeries, miracles, and motherhood. Friends like Priya, Monika, Shilpi, and many other friends from my old apartment have been a boon. My siblings Padmashree, Vikash and Deepak and my sister-in-laws Isha and Priyanka were always by my side. My in-laws, Manju and Navrattan, have been so warm and kind to me.

Moon in the eighth house with the aspect of Mars gave me terrifying periods with multiple humongous fibroids.

In 2017, I went on to do my PhD in Vedic Vastu after understanding the Geopathology system of Germans. 

Finally, in Feb 2018, just before leaving for the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women in New York, I met my soul sister, Laxmi Duggirala, in the Gayatri retreat conducted by OmSwami Ji. We connected instantly and ever since she has been my guide, mentor, editor and bestie. There at the UN, I met women who had great accolades and were very dynamic and heroic‌. I felt liberated and overwhelmed. Seeing the crowd, a sense of accomplishment ran through my spine. Whenever anyone would ask, I would proudly say, “I am from India”. This was one of the best periods of my life. New York grows on you. I learned the metro map within a few days and roamed like a free bird. 

Venus in my first house has blessed me with angel-like friends and a loving family.  

Very confused about which path to follow, God or Guru, I took up whichever course came my way. Finally, on my birthday, the 12th of January, Om Swami Ji came into my dream and asked me to attend the Kundalini camp that was going to happen on the 19th of January in 2019. The dream is still crystal clear in my head. I was roaming around in the jungle aimlessly with my Yoga Marga program group. This is when I see this Yogi sitting under the tree and asking me to come to the Kundalini camp. This Yogi looked very familiar to OmSwami Ji. The next day, I booked my tickets to Bengaluru for the camp. Though the seats were booked, I sent a special request and a devotee willingly agreed to help me get a seat. Swamiji’s camps always go full within a few days of opening. In the camp, I requested Him to initiate me, and He looked into my eyes and said, “I don’t do online Initiation”. He chuckled. “I only Initiate at the Ashram”. I dropped dead! I was too nervous, shivering and could hear my heartbeat. My life was in His hands. I had found my Marga, my path. It is at the Kundalini program that I found my doctor, Dr Mayank, who helped me heal my long-term auto-immune disorder. He is a good friend and a close advisor. Also, I met Padma aunty, who is now teaching me Devi Sadhana. This is how a Guru connects. 

In March 2019, I was formally initiated into my Guru’s Lineage by Om Swami Ji. He is the one who showed me the path towards my Ishta, my Creator. 

I ended up reading, working as a consultant, and becoming a health freak due to my life experiences. With time, I picked up two auto-immune disorders, which were at their peak in 2015. But finally, my body knew how to work hand in hand with them. Having consulted and experienced many forms of allopathic, Ayurveda and homoeopathy treatments through experts, dieticians and nutritionists -, I learned about Annamayakosha. Adi is the one and only person so far to experience my first-hand food experiments. He is my true companion to date. We discuss matters on Sri Bhagavad Gita, Swami Ji, tapping into the unknown, religion, health, world history, politics, current affairs, and the stock market. This period of my life was all about knowing the various faith systems, eliminating those that did not connect to my Chitta, my consciousness and finally, finding my Path. Now, I have to walk the Path! My parents Pushpa and Vijay Singh Sethia have always been supportive of every decision of mine. 

Jupiter is the Lord of the fifth house, which is exalted, leading to a great bond with Adi and my parents.

The early 40s:

During the COVID times, it worried me that my research and analysis would die with me if I did not live through it. Due to my poor immune system, I did not trust my body. So, with Siddharth’s help, I translated the three most important scriptures back-to-back and published them within two consecutive years. Now, was my time to give back to the world. Without wasting time, working for 15 hours a day, editing and formatting every page, and nearly reading the manuscript over 50 times, the books were finally ready. The books are passionately prepared to cover the works of the ancient sages. So, please read them.

I still paint for my Bhagwan and practice Yoga, meditation and various Sadhanas assigned by my mentors. Travelling, daydreaming and reading are my most treasured hobbies. Due to my friendly nature, I make friends instantly and one with deeper connections stays for a lifetime. Ruchika Jain is my newest pal and Sangi, is my partner in learning Devi Ma’s Sadhana. 

Vastu Remedies is my fourth and latest book. This is not a translation like the previous ones, but a compilation of my life experiences. It has many case studies and explanations of various verses of remedies from the scriptures, which are practical and doable. I have also cleared various Vastu myths, which are afloat. Manoj Sir, made me add a column, on “Common Mistakes”, an area he often comes across with a lot of his clients and other Vastu consultants. 

My pillar of strength will always be my Granny (Nani), who left us to be with Srihari on the third of July 2022 at 2:55 a.m.

Jupiter, exalted of the ninth house has bestowed me with the best of the Gurus, Mentors and the most supportive husband.

Aim:

“Heyam Dukkham Anagatam” - Patanjali Yog Sutra, 2.16. 

Explanation: We can avoid grief (trouble, pain, disease, misery, and obstructions) if we are aware and sensitive to their occurrence.

The whole purpose of writing these books is to bring back the real, genuine, and authentic ancient science narrated by Lord Shiva.

Every soul I met has helped me achieve the purpose of my life that includes: 

The purpose of translating the ancient scriptures for the benefit of the world, 
Reviving ancient architecture, and
Making homes and premises with Vedic Principles. 

Credibility:

Touched more than 1,25,000+ lives

Worked for 10,000+ hours on Scriptures

Placed close to 5000+ Manjushas

www.drjayshreeom.com

Insta handle:- @drjayshreeom




Comments

  1. good to read your books and get an understanding of the profoundness of vaastu shastra and its impact on existential experience

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Surya Namaskar

Astamangal